Super Bowl 50 is over and there is a little bit of a lull in the action; we say it’s time to sit back and relax whenever there is time, and weekends always mean finding a very good time. Americans ate an estimated 1.3 billion chicken wings during the Super Bowl weekend according to the National Chicken Council. We know that nobody is really counting over a billion wings, but our awesome kitchen put a huge dent in that number last Sunday even though our NFC Champion Carolina Panthers lost to Denver. Because of the sad loss, we are putting our hot selling Camburger with Fig Newtons on top into the long off season.
The Panther fans sitting here in the HFR enjoyed our fun, food, and drink that day and we are looking for a repeat for the Cats in Super Bowl 51. We all know that there is more to great BBQ and country cooking than chicken wings, and we have it all right here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse. February can be a quieter time of year after the Super Bowl and before March Madness gets started.
This weekend we maintain the excitement with a little romance this Valentine’s Day as we are filling up Horsefeathers Roadhouse with lovin’ couples who want a little fun in their hand- holding dining experience. HFR is offering “buy an entrée, get an entrée half price” on Sunday, February 14th and the dinner comes with two cold beers to celebrate good times!
Our delicious full menu is one of the most expansive among Lake Norman eateries and bars; in addition to our great chicken wings, we also serve award winning BBQ and the best southern style cooking around including our selection of great sandwiches. Many of our sandwiches are made from our in-house smoked pork and smoked beef. Yes, we smoke our delicious meats and chicken right here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse in the largest smokehouse in North Carolina. Stop in and take a selfie with this very cool building! We are proud to serve fresh “made in house” delicacies that literally melt in your mouth with every bite.
Horsefeathers Roadhouse in Sherrills Ford highlights these 10 great sandwiches, and we have a lot more choices every single day:
- Pulled Pig: This great sandwich is made with our delicious house smoked pork along with thick cut kosher dill pickles and southern slaw on a fresh toasted brioche bun.
- Texas Brisket: Tender brisket on a huge sandwich is house smoked and topped with slaw and thick cut kosher dill pickles on grilled Texas toast.
- The (Real) Boss Hog: If you like smoked pork, and we know no one who doesn’t, this is the right sandwich for you. House smoked pork, grilled ham and bacon with southern slaw on a toasted brioche bun.
- Texas BLT: This incredible Bacon Lettuce and Tomato masterpiece is piled high with Applewood smoked bacon, crisp lettuce, and juicy tomato with mayo on grilled Texas toast.
- Carolina Cuban: House smoked pork with thick cut kosher dill pickles, Swiss and cheddar cheese with mayo & mustard pressed in a toasted hoagie. What a great truly southern style sandwich.
- Southern Steak Philly: A great Philly sandwich with shaved ribeye steak, roasted peppers, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and topped with melted provolone cheese on a toasted hoagie. Now that is a Philly sandwich even the City of Brotherly Love can be proud of with every single bite.
- Honey Bird: This unique sandwich comes with grilled chicken breast, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard on a toasted brioche bun. The Honey Bird is a great comfort food sandwich any time of the day.
- Brisket Reuben: Our house smoked brisket with Swiss cheese, mayo, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing on Texas toast is just plain good.
- Catawba Club: Our delicious club sandwich with ham, turkey, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on grilled Texas toast is one of the most popular on the HFR menu.
- Sandwiches and more sandwiches: Here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse, we have even more sandwiches that we plate seven days a week, including our French Dip with shaved ribeye steak, Chicken Philly with diced chicken and Pork Tacos.
Our smoke house is always hot, hot hot; we are always cooking and smoking great beef, brisket, ribs and pork for all of our BBQ, southern style country food, and great sandwiches that all come together with the freshest beer around. Come by and enjoy our fun and relaxed atmosphere, smoking hot BBQ or one of our great sandwiches. Please check our Events Calendar for all of our daily specials and live bands.
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is easy to find, located at 746 Mt. Pleasant Rd in Sherrills Ford, just nine miles west of the Mooresville Sam’s Club just north, off NC 150.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy the good times with your best friend right here at Horsefeathers!
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + where you can give us a review. Head to our new website for all the event and daily special information, and the directions to the oldest watering hole in LKN. It’s time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just 20 minutes from everywhere in the LKN!
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman