Think Spring Training Baseball, March Madness, and the 2015 NFL Draft, and thoughts of great bar food aren’t far behind. This is especially true with Horsefeathers Roadhouse and our finger food like our Lake Norman famous chicken wings served baked, fried, smoked, crispy, crunchy, saucy, smoky, spicy, cheesy, and tangy – whatever makes LKN happy! Maybe you were among the many munching on our wings when the Patriots denied the Seahawks the trophy during Super Bowl XLIX on the very last play.
Here’s an eye popping number: The National Chicken Council had predicted that 1.25 billion wings would be eaten during Super Sunday; enough wings to put 572 wings on every seat in all 32 NFL stadiums, according to the Council. We love stats!
Here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse our smokehouse has been crankin’ full blast as we all get ready for spring! We’ve been smokin’ BBQ since 1996. And we do it with the goal of keeping our guests happy and well-fed no matter what the event or season.
Horsefeathers Roadhouse shares some pretty cool “tidbits” from the National Chicken Council’s 2015 Wing Report:
- Wing consumption increases the most during sporting events: At HFR, we’re not big on keeping count. Whether smoked or fried, we are always happy to just keep ’em coming for dining in-house or for personal party carry out orders. “Grab and go” is cool too.
- Fifty-six percent of U.S. adults who eat chicken wings choose ranch dressing on the side: Okay, but we top that at Horsefeathers Roadhouse. Our famous wings are tossed in your choice of sauce, and served with celery & carrots with either house ranch or blue cheese. Woot!
- Following ranch dressing at the top of the list and then in descending order: Wing lovers choose BBQ sauce; blue cheese; hot sauce; celery; carrots, and eating ’em plain. At HFR Lake Norman we do it all, including a choice of twelve different BBQ sauces ranging from sweet, spicy or tangy.
- Fifty-four percent of wing eaters prefer bone-in wings to boneless: At HFR we serve up both with traditional, bone-in wings rockin’ it smoked or fried, or boneless with our hand-breaded, fried, finished in the oven Chicken Tenderloins. We do aim to please!
- Chop, chop: Most wings are cut into two portions. The actual number of wing portions to be sold in 2015 is estimated by the National Chicken Council at 28 billion. Whoa! HFR plans to do its part by serving up a sizable share of those wings – piping hot and sauced right. Just come on in and let our friendly wait staff know exactly the way you like ’em!
Who is hungry for something other than our Horsefeathers famous chicken wings? A popular choice is always our Hawg Wing Dinner (3 smoked & grilled pork shanks slathered in Horsefeathers BBQ and served with southern slaw, hushpuppies & one side). Maybe our house smoked pulled pork hits the spot. We also offer “melt in your mouth” slow smoked beef brisket; our baby back ribs are so dang good they should really be illegal. They are so good and come with plenty of napkins. Our hand-packed flame-grilled burgers should be featured on that national food channel; plus we have pork tacos, fish and chips, and our southern fried chicken breast.
Since we are the only true Roadhouse in Lake Norman, we know the wetter the better. Don’t forget to order an ice cold beer or two or one of our other fine beverages!
Remember, we are Horsefeathers Roadhouse – serving up the best Carolina cookin’ in the Lake Norman area.
We ain’t like other BBQ; we smoke the competition!
*** HORSEFEATHERS GROUPON GROUPON GROUPON… Such a deal right here! ***
This blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + where you can give us a review. Head to our new website for all the information and the directions to the oldest watering hole in LKN and join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close no earlier than 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are available. Take out anytime. Make your next event one to remember!
Smokin’ Serious BBQ since 1996!
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman