No matter how you slice and dice it, summertime is simply “sun-sational”! Our minds operate better in hot weather, according to researchers who study what is between our ears. They have discovered that our brains have a built-in mechanism for seasonal time-keeping that directly affects our moods and sleep habits. We say that is pretty cool. No wonder we stay so focused on fun in the sun!
At Horsefeathers Roadhouse (HFR) Lake Norman we strive to keep things simple on these sun-filled, balmy days. “Brain research” aside, it is pretty much a “no-brainer” that during the summertime, chillin’ out at Horsefeathers is incredibly satisfying!
The perfect environment for a great time is just 20 minutes from anywhere in the Piedmont, from Lincolnton to Mooresville right here in North Carolina’s Lake Norman country.
- 8,000 sq. ft. of in-the-house entertainment: Come right on in – the weather is perfect indoors at HFR, day or evening! Dine on unsurpassed BBQ and other southern menu delights; kick back for your TV fix (don’t miss a single sporting event!); shoot pool; twirl fancy-like on the dance floor, or just lay claim to a barstool and chat with a buddy (or two). On Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the summer and fall, we have live music featuring Country/Southern Rock beats. Sweet!
- 2,100 sq. ft. of outdoor loafin’ space: As satisfying as our HFR indoor entertainment/dining complex may be, we know that our guests cannot let summer slip by without taking in the beauty of the outdoors. Our two-level HUGE deck provides prime space for live music, sippin’ brew, visiting, or just nature gazing. Put your boots up on the table.
- Spirit-lifting camaraderie: Everyone needs people! Come with friends in tow, or mingle while you’re here for some informal meet and greet. Horsefeathers Roadhouse is a laid-back, relaxed hangout where you aren’t expected to sit bashfully in one place, dine, pay the tab and then waltz out the door. No-no-NO! Our “regulars” have mastered the art of wandering around and making themselves right at home; we invite our new guests to join in that tradition! Head to the bar and grab a drink; the ladies are pourin’.
- Icy cold beverages galore: When temperatures rise, there’s nothing quite the equal of chillin’ with a cold one! Horsefeathers Roadhouse provides serious thirst quenchin’ with brews from our 24 taps, or bottled selections from our 11 door cooler. Plus we offer sweet tea and other icy cold soft drinks, of course!
- Our kitchen can take the heat: Here at HFR we do the everyday “kitcheny” jobs our guests don’t have time to do, want to do, or know how to do. Cookin’ southern is our specialty, and our menu says it all! Come right on in, call us for delivery, or stop by for take- out anytime, including large bulk orders for home events.
This summer, beat the heat by chillin’ at Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Lake Norman. Our friendly staff is ready to serve you with top-notch southern foods all wrapped up in an abundance of smiles. Our parking lot is huge. Our food and entertainment simply cannot be beat. We hope to see ya soon!
Remember to check out the monthly events calendar on our website for specials and entertainment. Also, note that in the summer and fall months we have live music four nights a week: Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays!
Save dollars with our Horsefeathers (HFR) Roadhouse Kickback Club; see one of our staff for all the details!
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + where you can give us a review. Head to our new website for the entire event and daily special information, and the directions to the oldest watering hole in LKN; it’s time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are available. Take out anytime with large bulk orders for home events. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Smokin’ Serious BBQ since 1996!
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman