North Carolina is famous across the country for a wide variety of BBQ cuisine, and Horsefeathers Roadhouse in Sherrills Ford is no exception. Our culinary trained kitchen has earned praise from around the state for its lengthy and diverse menu, and we are very proud of that fact! Our world class BBQ is worth the drive from everywhere around Charlotte, Statesville, Denver, Mooresville and beyond. BBQ lovers who want a great time just have to visit Horsefeathers Roadhouse on the west side of Lake Norman for some very cool fun.
Now, there are all kinds of BBQ and we take our signature version very seriously every single day. North Carolina is indeed BBQ country and serving the best is what we do. Our fun atmosphere offers great staff, great food, cold beer, great drinks, southern style cooking and live music.
Here are five very cool reasons why Horsefeathers Roadhouse has the best BBQ this summer:
- The largest stand- alone smokehouse in the region: All of us have seen the “smoker on wheels” parked at grocery stores and camp sites; our smokehouse is really a house and it sits on a foundation on our property (See Photo). It is the largest of its kind in the entire Lake Norman Area. We smoke all of our wonderful BBQ, chicken and meats right here, onsite at Horsefeathers Roadhouse. Nothing is brought in from outside sources, all of our great southern style food and BBQ is cooked and smoked right where it is prepared and eaten.
- The best meats available: When you order BBQ and southern style food here at HFR, expect the best; we smoke only the best available and we pile it on the plate to prove it! Everything we smoke and cook comes from the freshest selection of Grade A meats.
- The largest array of smokehouse BBQ specialties: Customers can choose from all kinds of great choices. Our special smokehouse BBQ specialties include smoking hot BBQ, baby back ribs, beef brisket, pulled pork and our famous Hawg Wing dinner. The Hawg Wing dinner is “deeelicious” offering three smoked and grilled pork shanks slathered in our popular and famous BBQ sauces.
- JUMBO Smoked wings: In addition to these incredible BBQ plates, we also offer jumbo chicken wings that have been smoked for hours. They are so popular we renamed Wednesdays “Wing-it Wednesdays” and put them on special all day long!
- Unbelievable BBQ sauces: What would our menu be without Horsefeathers BBQ sauce? Here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse, we make our own special BBQ sauces in house. Our award winning BBQ comes with a great choice of our homemade BBQ sauces. Wings, BBQ and everything else can be drenched to the max with sweet, tangy or spicy BBQ sauces. Choose from hot sauces like Fire Cracker and High Octane, tangy sauces like Armadillo Rub, and sweet sauces like Texas Mild and Sweet Chili. It is so good!
Along with our extraordinary BBQ and uniquely southern cooking, we also have the coldest beverages, the coolest bartenders, the most awesome live music, and our daily specials. If you have never been to Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford, we are easy to find. The HFR is located just east of NC 16, a mile north of NC 150 at Little Mountain Road and Mt Pleasant Road. That’s just nine short miles from the Mooresville Sam’s Club. Everyone deserves to have some fun once in awhile, so stop by Horsefeathers Roadhouse for a great time, great food and hang out on the west coast of Lake Norman. Summer has arrived! Grab a cold one!
Remember every Thursday Night is Tilley’s Harley Davidson Bike Night and we feature the best southern bands money can buy to give our customers a night to remember; after all it is what we do!
Here is just another reason why we smoke the competition!
AFTER 5:00 TO 9:00
“FRESH OFF THE SMOKER”
WHOLE RACK OF RIBS
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook, LIKE our page and SHARE our stuff! Check in on Facebook whenever you are at the HFR, and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + (Google My Business) where you can give us a review. Head to our website for all the calendar of events and daily specials at the oldest watering hole in the LKN; it is high time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just a pleasant drive away from every town around town.
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman