Summer is flying by and we are fast approaching Labor Day Weekend; and everyone knows that Horsefeathers Roadhouse is still the best place on the west side of the Lake to eat, drink and have a good time. There is no reason to stop enjoying these final dog days of summer. Late summer and Labor Day weekend are the best times of year to enjoy life to the fullest before our North Carolina winter sets in. Put this upcoming holiday weekend, and every other weekend, on the party calendar and plan a great time at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford. Our Horsefeathers’ Girls cannot wait to see our friends and neighbors come in for all of our daily specials and fun times.
Here at old HFR, our culinary staff prepares the finest BBQ in the Lake Norman region. Our kitchen also features daily specials at lunch and original southern style cooking, much of it from our smoke house that is located right on site (come on over and take a picture). We have fresh cold beer, both macro and micro brands are available and we have NC crafts on rotation each and every day.
Did we mention live music and entertainment? Every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night at 9 p.m. and Biker Sunday afternoons at 1 p.m., we are rockin’ the old joint with the best available talent we can find this side of Nashville. All of us across Lake Norman work hard for a living and Labor Day is the perfect time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor. Let’s open the doors at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and find out how much fun one human being can have in a single day! We are ready for you seven days a week, all year long!
Horsefeathers shares five of our best attributes that make us unique as we head to Labor Day Weekend:
- Serious BBQ and famous smokehouse: HFR has the largest and most unique smokehouse in the Lake Norman area, and we only serve the best Grade A meats. We have a great selection of BBQ that includes our signature jumbo wings, baby back ribs, pulled pork, and beef brisket. Along with our serious BBQ, we have our famous house-made sauces to choose with virtually every meal and appetizer. Choose BBQ sauces that are spicy, sweet, or tangy.
- Unique and original southern style cooking: In addition to our smokin’ hot BBQ, we have great southern style food like our Texas BLT, brisket Rueben, Carolina Cuban, Catawba club sandwich, the Real Boss Hog sandwich; our menu is full with many more choices and great variety.
- Best selection of the coldest beer found anywhere: Our state of the art 24-tap beer delivery system offers the coldest and freshest beer around the lake. We offer the best selections of craft beers from local brewers in North Carolina. Our expansive bar areas, with available outdoor seating, also serve specialty beers from across the U.S.A. We rotate the very beat including Nantahala, White Zombie and Green Man IPA. Other fresh craft beers on tap include Blue Moon, Fat Tire, Land Shark and Sam Adams Rebel IPA, and we are always adding new beers to the taps. In addition, we also have an 11-door beer cooler with every popular beer imaginable.
- Live music and entertainment four days a week: Here at Horsefeathers we have live bands playing on Sundays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Each day we have our daily specials along with live music on our stage: Biker Sunday, Big Burger Monday, Tacos Tuesday, Jumbo Wings Wednesday, Chicken Tenders Thursday, Fish Platter Friday, and more, with $1.95 beer specials every day. Check our events calendar for all of the bands and daily specials.
- Massive outdoor patio: Enjoy these great days and evenings of the dog days of summer on our outdoor patios. HFR has outdoor seating on two levels and there is nothing more enjoyable than sitting outside during the late summer, sipping on a cold beer.
On the last of these dog days, don’t bark up the wrong tree, come to Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford and enjoy the best the dog days of summer have to offer this Labor Day weekend. We have the best BBQ, live music, and the freshest cold beer in the Lake Norman area. This is the perfect time of year to celebrate all of the hard work we do during Labor Day with some serious BBQ, and a whole bunch of fun.
Horsefeathers is easy to find, located in Sherrills Ford off NC 150, just nine miles west of the Mooresville Sam’s Club; 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd., in the beautiful Lake Norman area.
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food this Labor Day and all year long is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere and everywhere!
Find HFR on Facebook. LIKE our page and SHARE our stuff! Check in on Facebook whenever you are at the HFR, and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + (Google My Business) where you can give us a review. Head to our website for the calendar of events and daily specials at the oldest watering hole in the LKN; it is high time to join in the fun that has been around since 1996.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Birthdays, office parties, anniversaries, surprises, engagements and for no dang reason but a good time, are all great excuses for parties! Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just a pleasant drive away from every town around town.
Horsefeathers is so much #morethanbbq!
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park (HULU Erin Spens)