The Dog Days of Summer have arrived. Heat indexes over 100 and temperatures steaming in the low 90’s. This time of year, it means cold beer and air conditioning. In the Lake Norman region, Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park has a great midsummer lineup of appetizers, and signature foods like the Hawg Wings and our Jumbo Chicken Wings that will chill you out with great flavor! At times, late July and August can be hot, which makes it a great time of year to head over to the old HFR in Sherrills Ford for some “chillin” summertime treats.
During the midsummer, especially in the evenings, there is nothing better than some live music, serious BBQ, and a very cold beer. We have all that and more for everyone at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford. Our classic roadhouse is the place for smokin’ hot BBQ, southern style cooking, great bar food, and (of course) cold beer in the Lake Norman area; we have been serving our patrons since 1996. This historical fact makes us the oldest watering hole at the Lake. Don’t let the summertime heat up without great food and a fun time.
Horsefeathers Roadhouse celebrates the Dog Days of Summer five very cool ways:
- Serious BBQ and southern style food: With the largest smokehouse in the Lake Norman, here at the HFR, we make the best BBQ and southern style food. We serve everything imaginable, from our Signature Jumbo Chicken Wings to our famous Hawg Wing dinners. We also offer baby back ribs, beef brisket, pulled pork, Texas BLT and many more choices. All of these culinary delights include our homemade BBQ sauces, sweet, spicy and tangy.
- Big burgers: Nothing breaks the summertime blues like a delicious over the top hand formed hamburger. Here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse, we have a choice of eight different hamburgers; plus, customers can also build their own “have it any way” hamburger. It doesn’t get better than that on a hot summer evening.
- Live music: Music on a summer night is the best thing of all, and here at HFR, we have live bands performing right here on stage. We have live bands on most Sundays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Mark your calendars for a special treat on August 5th when we will have Alter Ego playing here from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. with their high octane classic rock show. Be sure not to miss it right here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse.
- Cold beer: Wow, a cold beer on a hot summer night, with live music and mouth watering BBQ is perfect. We have rotational craft beers on tap including some of North Carolina’s finest beers like Nantahala, White Zombie and Green Man IPA. More of our fresh craft beers on tap include Blue Moon, Fat Tire, Land Shark and Sam Adams Rebel IPA. Our beers are always rotated and fresh, delivered with our state-of-the-art beer delivery system. Our macro choices like Bud, Coors, and Millers are always on special as well.
- Daily specials: Every day we have food and drink specials here at HFR, including Big Burger Monday, Taco Tuesday, Wing It Wednesday, Tenders Thursday, and Fishy Friday. Try our incredible JUMBO wings, smoked or fried, any day of the week!
Check out our events calendar for all of our daily specials.
Don’t let the midsummer blues get you down, get on the bike or in the car and come over to Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford for some great summer time fun. Smokin’ hot BBQ, cold beer and the best live music in the Lake Norman area is the best cure for the midsummer blues.
We are easy to find, located in Sherrills Ford off NC 150, just nine miles west of the Mooresville Sam’s Club; 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd., in the beautiful Lake Norman area.
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about Summer’s Dog Days, great times, and great food this July and August and all year long is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere and everywhere!
Find HFR on Facebook. LIKE our page and SHARE our stuff! Check in on Facebook whenever you are at the HFR, and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + (Google My Business) where you can give us a review. Head to our website for the calendar of events and daily specials at the oldest watering hole in the LKN; it is high time to join in the fun that has been around since 1996.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Birthdays, office parties, anniversaries, surprises, engagements and for no dang reason but a good time, are all great excuses for parties! Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just a pleasant drive away from every town around town.
Horsefeathers is so much #morethanbbq!
5 Hot Midsummer Treats at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park, pulled pork, smokehouse BBQ, Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park, Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, BBQ, southern style food, cold beer, craft beers, baby back ribs, smoked chicken wings, BBQ sauce, craft beers on tap, Nantahala, White Zombie, Green Man IPA, HFR, live music, fun, daily specials, live music, midsummer blues, Alter Ego live, daily drink specials