The dog days of summer mean fun in the sun across Lake Norman as we head to autumn. For Horsefeather fans, it does not mean boredom and sitting around the house in front of the fan. It means heading out with friends to the “coolest” places. Here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford, we have assured your arrival and have scheduled all kinds of fun for the end of summer. Great BBQ, cold beer and live bands every Thursday and weekends create great times for everyone. The dog days of summer in August are some of the best times of the year, with great weather, and the time to have a blast before fall arrives and school starts again.
There is no need to wait any longer. We want everyone to head out the door and hop on the bike. Put the top down on that classic car and pull it out of the garage. The time has come for Denver, Mooresville, Sherrills Ford, and the entire Lake Norman region to grab a cold one and enjoy the good times at Horsefeathers Roadhouse. Our onsite smokehouse is constantly creating awesome taste sensations. Our vast selection of beer is ice cold and the entertainment is almost assured when you head in the door. There is no other way to spend the dog days of summer. We are the world headquarters of fun at the HFR!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse presents six great ways to enjoy the North Carolina dog days of summer here on the northwest side of the lake:
- Fantastic BBQ: Our culinary staff, led by Jeff Williamson and his wife Angel; cook, smoke and serves only the finest grades of meat for our award winning menu. Pulled pork, baby back ribs, beef brisket, smoked wings and our famous Hawg Wing dinner are popular with everyone. Not to mention, everyone choses our spicy, tangy and sweet homemade BBQ sauces; they provide both the taste and heat of August and are awesome good.
- The coldest beer at Lake Norman: Horsefeathers Roadhouse has the freshest cold beer in the Lake Norman area. Our 24 state of the art taps deliver the freshest beer around. In addition to our popular choices and our seasonal beers on tap, we also have a great selection of bottled beer from our 11 door cooler.
- The best live bands around: Music is one of the finest ways to enjoy the dog days of summer at the HFR. We feature some of the best live bands found in North Carolina. We have entertainment every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Thursday is Tilley’s Bike Night and we have live entertainment then too! Live and local entertainment abounds here at the HFR with Dan Campbell, BadAzz, Ziggy n Barry, Tyler Hatley, Trailer Trash Johnny, Bongo, Mike Cansler and more. Check our events calendar for a complete list of bands and dates.
- The Super Bowl bound Carolina Panthers: August also means the start of the NFL football season, and here at HFR, we have the complete NFL Ticket. We will have every single Carolina Panthers’ game from the preseason to the Super Bowl! Don’t worry if your team “ain’t” the Panthers, we have them on too! Give us a call at 704-966-0192 to reserve a TV for the game. We have party rooms too! Bring the crowd for the fun, food, and friends! No one is disappointed and everyone wins at Horsefeathers.
- Expansive outdoor patios: In addition to our wonderful indoor restaurant and bars, we also have two patios that overlook the Lake Norman outdoors. Take the food and beer outside and enjoy the late summer weather. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting out back and enjoying serious BBQ on our patios during the dog days of summer.
- Unbelievable Full Rack of Ribs special: HFR has our lake famous and mouth-watering rib special every Friday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. We over fill the plate with a whole rack of smoked ribs, fresh off our outdoor smoker for only $17.99. What a great way to enjoy a Friday night in August!
The dog days in August need not be dull and boring. Hop on the bike or get in the car and ride over to Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford for a great time. We have daily specials to make your late summer a fun time. We’re easy to find, located in Sherrills Ford, just nine miles west of the Mooresville Sam’s Club at 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd., right around the corner in beautiful Lake Norman. Put us in the GPS and head north, south, east and west to the most unique bar anyone has ever experienced. We rock every day and we love seeing everyone walk in the door.
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook, LIKE our page and SHARE our stuff! Check in on Facebook whenever you are at the HFR, and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + (Google My Business) where you can give us a review. Head to our website for all the calendar of events and daily specials at the oldest watering hole in the LKN; it is high time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just a pleasant drive away from every town around town.
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman