Summer activities are in full swing here in North Carolina’s Lake Norman country, the Piedmont and the Foothills and we are “all in” at Horsefeathers Roadhouse. We are dedicated to making life so much easier. And we want to see everyone fully relaxed and relishing each day ‘round the lake.
As the 4th of July holiday draws near, we at HFR consider it an honor to have our own Stars and Stripes flying high daily across our entire roadhouse roof. The American Flags serve as a continuous reminder of the sacrifices of thousands of men and women who freed our nation and have since kept it free.
During these sun-filled summer days, let us deliver every dining need so that friends and family can breeze stress-free through family picnics, reunions, day trips and holiday fun. Our HFR on-site cooker and smokehouse is in operation seven days a week, providing smokin’ hot BBQ and other delicious chicken and meats for feasting and party-giving pleasure. We’re here for everyone in the region from Huntersville to Maiden, and we do like to be neighborly and hospitable in the best of Southern ways!
The Fourth of July is on a Saturday this year, lending the holiday to a whole weekend of celebration. For chilling out totally these sun-kissed summer days, remember that Horsefeathers Roadhouse is only a phone call or visit away:
- Slap on the sunscreen, hit the water, and cook NOT: At Lake Norman, locals and tourists alike revel in shining water, convenient marinas, sailing, boating, kayaking and fishing. With such gorgeous scenery, let us do the cookin’, while you do the lookin’! HFR‘s yummy take-outs include any of our famous smokehouse specialties such as chicken wings, baby back ribs, or our finger-lickin’ pork shank Hawg Wings. Our food menu is extensive, plus we offer a wide range of cold brews, sweet tea and soft drinks. Load up the coolers – just call (704) 966-0192 to place your orders.
- Stay cool while entertaining: Summer means picnics, reunions, and sun-sational times! If peeling dozens of hard-boiled eggs for salads, or setting up and cleaning up indoors or out for get-togethers is not in the plans, then our party rooms are available at HFR. They are perfect for reunions and large group events. Or, select take out anytime with large bulk orders for home events. We’re waitin’ on you, and we do aim to please!
- Go historic and dine well: Planning a family vacation or an overnight “staycation”? Don’t miss the many historic sites within an easy drive of Horsefeathers. Pull off the road when hunger strikes, and visit us in Sherrills Ford, NC, about a mile north of Hwy 150, just east of the intersection of Mt. Pleasant Rd. and Little Mountain Road.
- Good times abound: We’re 8,000 sq. ft. BIG, with outdoor seating on two levels, games and TV, pool, and Country/Southern Rock live music for dancin’ or toe-tapping pleasure.
- Exceptional food is our norm: We feature our famous HFR Chicken Wings and equally-famous pork shank home-cooked Hawg Wings. With a full menu of items to choose from, we have it all.
- Thirsty for a cold one?: We offer an advanced beer delivery system with 24 taps, a broad selection of canned and bottled beers in an 11 door cooler, and freshly brewed sweet tea and other soft drinks.
If you are new to Horsefeathers, we invite you to join our regulars. Our always amiable HFR General Manager Donna Melton and her awesome team make everyone feel right at home as soon as the doors open. Happy 4th of July – let the summer fun begin!
Don’t forget to check out the monthly events calendar on our website for specials and entertainment. Also, note that in the summer and fall months we have live music four nights a week: Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays!
Save dollars with our Horsefeathers (HFR) Roadhouse Kickback Club; see one of our staff for all the details!
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + where you can give us a review. Head to our new website for the entire event and daily special information, and the directions to the oldest watering hole in LKN; it’s time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are available. Take out anytime with large bulk orders for home events. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Smokin’ Serious BBQ since 1996!
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman