March has arrived and spring has sprung all across the Lake Norman region. It is time to get out the bike and the rag top and head over to Horsefeathers for fun and entertainment. March is also the hottest time of year for all NCAA College basketball fans. It is March Madness time! Both North Carolina and Duke are in the tournament again and it is time to fill out those March Madness brackets. Here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park, we have plenty of TVs to watch all of the basketball games, plus all we know we have a few NASCAR fans out there too!
Not only is March Madness right around the corner, Major League Baseball is heating up too. All the favorite teams are getting ready for opening day. The weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer, and the Feather Girls have hot daily specials every day with fun on the agenda. This is the best time of year to get out and smell the great aroma of our famous smokehouse BBQ here at the HFR.
Our culinary staff offers five of the hottest ways to shake off the late winter blues at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park:
- The smokin’ hottest BBQ n Wings: There is nothing better to shake those winter cobwebs away than smokin’ hot BBQ and Jumbo Wings from Horsefeathers. We smoke only the best grade A meats in our smokehouse, the largest smokehouse in the Lake Norman area.
- The best, hottest, and spiciest BBQ sauce: Our famous spicy BBQ sauces will melt away the winter chills as we spring forward. If our “made in house” hot and spicy BBQ sauces are just a bit too hot, we also have mouth-watering tangy and sweet BBQ sauces.
- Our new announcements are heatin’ up: Another great way to shake off those winter blues is to sit outside in the warm Lake Norman sunshine. Our downstairs bar is now open on Wednesdays (as needed) along with cold beer; both bars are usually open on the weekends too. What a great way to get over the winter cold, sitting out in the sun, sipping a cold beer and enjoying great conversations with friends and family.
- The hottest new specials around: Here at HFR, we are always shaking things up with new daily specials. A few of our hot new specials include Trio Tuesday with a choice of our incredible Boss Hawg sandwich, French Dip or the Outlaw Chicken Sandwich for just $7.99 each, your choice, with chips or fries. Thirsty Thursdays just got better with the Ribeye Special, a salad, baked potato, and toast for just $14.99. And don’t forget to ask us about our brand new Blue Plate Special that is happening all month at lunch from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. We told you March was hot!
- The hottest bands and entertainment: Our lively lineup of live bands keeps getting better in March. A few of the hot bands this month include Ziggy, Abe Reid, Poncho After Glow and more. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, let the fun begin! For a complete list of live brands and daily specials, check out or events calendar.
Kick off spring at the Lake the right way, and join us here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford for awesome BBQ, Carolina cooking, and a hot time. Every day is special; Biker Sunday, Big Burger Monday, Trio Tuesday, Wing It (Feather Rocks) Wednesday, Tenders/ Ribeye Thursday, Fired Up Friday, and Smokin’ Saturday!
It is always a hot time, all year ‘round here at HFR. Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park is easy to find, located in Sherrills Ford off NC 150, just nine miles west of the Mooresville Sam’s Club; 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd., in the beautiful Lake Norman area. Throw us in the phone and have it tell everyone where to go!
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food this spring in and all year long is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere and everywhere!
Find HFR on Facebook. LIKE our page and SHARE our stuff! Check in on Facebook whenever you are at the HFR, and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + (Google My Business) where you can give us a review. Head to our website for the calendar of events and daily specials at the oldest watering hole in the LKN; it is high time to join in the fun that has been around since 1996.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Birthdays, office parties, anniversaries, surprises, engagements and for no dang reason but a good time, are all great excuses for parties! Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just a pleasant drive away from every town around town.
Horsefeathers is so much #morethanbbq!
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse