It is June, and Lake Norman is alive with swimmers, “sunners”, bikers and boaters. It can only mean one thing. Summer at the lake is here. It is now all being on the bike in great weather for a ride, or hopping in the car with the family and heading on summer road trips. If cruising along NC 150 or NC 16 through Denver, Sherrills Ford, and Mooresville, we have the fun place with the best food and the most enjoyment, Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park (HFR) in Sherrills Ford, NC. One visit to the famous HFR, and family and friends are soon hooked on the atmosphere, the service and the best BBQ in North Carolina.
We are located in historic Catawba County; and it indeed has American history. Sherrills Ford was named for Adam Sherrill, who forded the Catawba River in 1747, becoming the first European to cross the river. With Civil War and Native American heritage, our roadhouse is situated in a classic historic environment, on the west coast of Lake Norman. And we are just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Charlotte. Around these parts, North Carolina means BBQ, and here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse, we have some of the best BBQ found in the Southeast. With our great location, we not only offer world class BBQ, but also feature a great one of a kind restaurant with multiple bars and arcades. We are the spot to relax, enjoy a cold one, and eat and greet when riding or cruising near the lake.
Horsefeathers Roadhouse offers five “funtastic” reasons to visit and enjoy while on a ride or on vacation:
- Great atmosphere and service: Stop by Horsefeathers and enjoy our friendly atmosphere, talk about classic cars, motorcycles and sports, and simply do a whole bunch of nothin’. We love it like that. Sit back and relax enjoying the calm atmosphere of North Carolina. We have 8,000 square feet of fun including two levels of outdoor patios overlooking Lake Norman.
- Awesome menu featuring smoked meats and BBQ: We have our own one of a kind smokehouse on site where we smoke only the finest meats for our BBQ. Just to name a few of our exceptional smokehouse BBQ plates, they include pulled pork, brisket, baby back ribs, and our famous Hawg Wing dinner.
- BBQ sauce and our famous jumbo wings: HFR has the best wings found across the Lake Norman area. Along with our perfect jumbo wings, we offer a choice of incredible BBQ sauces ranging from sweet, to tangy and spicy. Try some BBQ wings with a Texas mild sauce, armadillo rub or the spicy firecracker BBQ sauce.
- The best live music in Lake Norman: On weekends and lately on Biker Night Thursday (sponsored by Tilley Harley Davidson), we feature some of the best bands and music entertainment in North Carolina. Tyler Cannon, Justin Williams, Bongo Bach, BadAzz, and Daniel Campbell among others. We are the place to relax and enjoy North Carolina BBQ and southern style cooking, along with top shelf live entertainment.
- Our famous daily specials: No matter what day of the week at Horsefeathers, we have daily specials goin’ on. Food and drink specials each day of the week that include Biker Sunday, Burger Monday, Taco Tuesday, Wing It Wednesday, Bike Night (sponsored by Tilley’s Harley Davidson) Love Me Tender Thursday, Fired Up Friday and Smokin’ Saturday.
Whether in that classic car or on the Harley, when passing near the west side of the lake, stop by Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park for some world class BBQ, cold beer, cool bartenders, hot entertainment and a great time.
Horsefeathers is so easy to find. Plug it in your phone and like our Facebook page. We are in Sherrills Ford, NC is located west of Interstate 77 on Highway 150, just nine miles from the Mooresville Sam’s Club. Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd.
Make sure, on arrival, to check in on Facebook. With over 2100 Feather Fans on the page, it is the “go to” page for instant and local news and views about the “best joint” at the lake; Horsefeathers Roadhouse.
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook, LIKE our page and SHARE our stuff! Check in on Facebook whenever you are at the HFR, and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + (Google My Business) where you can give us a review. Head to our website for all the calendar of events and daily specials at the oldest watering hole in the LKN; it is high time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just a pleasant drive away from every town around town.
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman