March is the best month of the year for change! It is the time of year to shake off the winter doldrums. This month brings March Madness and for almost everybody, the filling out of brackets and watching every game right down to the Final Four. And we have not forgotten our HFR baseball fans. March is the beginning of the spring training schedule, which means summer is not very far away. We want to share this open secret to OUR fans! We love the serious BBQ and burgers right here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse and Park in Sherrills Ford.
Many of us across Lake Norman have been cooped up way too much this winter. Everyone know that March means warmer weather, and it is the perfect time to climb on the bike or put that top down and head to our part of the lake for the good times and great fun. It is March Madness every day of the week here at the HFR and it is time to play!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse offers five “March Madness” reasons to hang out right here this spring:
- Daily Specials: Every day of the week is March Madness here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse with our daily specials. A few of our daily specials include Biker Sunday with $7.99 HFR Chips and Wing It Wednesday with 75 cent fried or smoked wings and $1.50 domestic drafts. And every Wednesday we have our DJ/ Karaoke!
- Music: Friday is also Fired Up Friday with DJ Craig, $2 Yuengling drafts and $5 Fireballs; along with our $6.99 Lake Norman famous meatloaf and fish sandwich specials. Smokin’ Saturday features live music by great groups like Tyler Hatley & Lil Mountain Band and Travis and Co along with $2 Coors Light drafts and $5 Jagers.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Thursday March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day, which is perfect because Thursday is Thirsty Thursday ‘round here and we have our Tenders Special too; add $2 domestic drafts and $5 Fireballs to make this pre-Friday complete!
- Doc’s Spring River Ride: Saturday, March 19th, is the date of Doc’s Spring River Ride to benefit the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation. The ride is along the Catawba River between Morganton and Sherrills Ford. After the ride, the last stop is right here at Horsefeathers Roadhouse. The perfect time for some serious BBQ and a cold beer is always at the HFR! Starting at 9 p.m. on the 19th, we also have the Tyler Hartley Band!
- Bring the kids: Kids love our burgers and cheeseburgers and we have all types like the Bacon Cheddar, The Outlaw or the do it yourself, build your own burger. Kids also love our tacos, and here at HFR, you can choose from five different taco fillings, steak, beef, chicken, pork and fish tacos. To quench any kid’s thirst, we have Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, lemonade and tea.
- Announcing our new STEAK FRIDAY: How about our new full course dinner featuring our new lineup of 12 oz. steaks? Each Rib Eye or NY Strip comes with slaw and two sides, just like you like it, for only $24.95! Now that’s a meal to start the weekend with every weekend!
Get a head start on spring and come over to Horsefeathers Roadhouse for our own type of March Madness and check out our events calendar for all daily specials. HFR is easy to find, located at 3746 Mt Pleasant Road in Sherrills Ford, just nine miles west of the Mooresville Sam’s Club on NC 150.
Stop in to watch some hoops all month! What is your favorite team? Share a pic on our Facebook Page, and make sure to check in on Facebook each and every visit!
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook, LIKE our page and SHARE our stuff! Check in on Facebook whenever you are at the HFR, and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + (Google My Business) where you can give us a review. Head to our website for all the calendar of events and daily specials at the oldest watering hole in the LKN; it is high time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything, including party and bulk carryout orders, at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are always available. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Horsefeathers Roadhouse is the fun place with the “Smokin’ Serious BBQ” since 1996, and we are just a pleasant drive away from every town around town.
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman