Whether people call it the Tar Heel State, the Old North State, North Carolina or just NC, summer is an amazing time to enjoy good food, all the good times, and explore all that is available from the mountains to the beach. Take to the road to discover fascinating historic sites and our state’s beautiful natural resources that keep lovers of the outdoors extremely happy; just make sure you visit Horsefeathers Roadhouse (HFR) in Sherrills Ford on your road trip.
We all know, the Piedmont Region around Lake Norman NC is a great place to live and visit. On warm summer days and nights, the lake’s sparkling open waters and numerous inlets in and around Cornelius, Davidson, Sherrill Ford and Denver provide great fishing and water-activities. Nothing is better than the gorgeous North Carolina blue sky above all decked out among fluffy cirrus clouds. August is indeed the time for a Lake Norman Road Trip along I – 77 or Highway 150. Each thoroughfare crosses the prettiest lake we know!
Every late summer outing needs the good times to happen; after all, school and fall are coming back fast. It’s time to shut work down, climb on the bike or hop in the car, and hit the road! Remember traveling around the North Carolina and Lake Norman makes everyone hungry. At lunch or dinner time, follow the words of the Grail Knight and “choose wisely.”
The cool staff at Horsefeathers Roadhouse in Lake Norman offers five great reasons to make the stop at HFR:
- Specialty sandwiches: Tired of the “wrapped and sacked sandwiches” made for eating on the run? Think outside the box (or sack)! You deserve southern-style specialty sandwiches made fresh and served hot. Forget quarter pounders and the drive through; choose 8 oz. burgers, hand patted, flame grilled to perfection, and handsomely served on brioche buns. For a head turner, order award-winning serious BBQ! Sandwiches like these will grab your attention and warrant envy from the people without one.
- Dining space galore: Does your vehicle leave you feeling a bit squished? Is it time to get off the bike for a few? When it’s time to eat, we need space, lots of space. Horsefeathers Roadhouse offers a 4,000 sq. ft. restaurant with an arcade for kids of all ages and a quiet bar for adults to sit, unwind and plan the next phase of the day. Add a 2,100 sq. ft. outdoor seasonal deck for wandering to and fro and the place becomes home.
- Southern smokehouse specialties: Consider pampering your taste buds with mouth-watering pulled pork, delicious beef brisket, sweet baby back ribs, world famous chicken wings, and our one of a kind smoked or grilled Hawg Wings (pork shanks slathered in a specialty BBQ sauce). Being saucy is the theme when the smoked meats are cooked right on the premises!
- Gold-plated menu: Our sandwiches are always big winners, but variety is indeed the spice of life. HFR features a full menu that includes awesome appetizers; smokehouse specialties; chicken wings; chicken, fish and beef entrees; flatbread pizza; southern fried baskets; a Burger Shop; soups and salads, and nine side dishes from which to choose. Now that’s a 24-karat-gold plated menu!
- “Whistle-wetters” to the max: Few dining spots can claim a choice of dozens of craft drafts and old favorites, micro and macro, on tap every day of the week. There are also a lot of choices behind our 11-door cooler. Beer, wine, freshly brewed sweet tea, icy cold soft drinks – we have choices galore that are guaranteed to wet your whistle in the best way possible!
All five of the above advice and our awesome menu fit Sherrill Ford NC’s famous Horsefeathers Roadhouse to a tee! The moral of this story: Whether traveling this summer, or anytime year round, plan to upgrade your road trip by dining and relaxing at Horsefeathers Roadhouse, the oldest watering’ hole on Lake Norman.
Our motto: Be different! Keep the party going! There’s never a shortage of action and fun at Horsefeathers Roadhouse in Sherrills Ford NC! #MorethanBBQ
Remember to check out the monthly events calendar on our website for specials and entertainment. Also, note that in the summer and fall months we have live music four nights a week: Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays!
Save dollars with our Horsefeathers (HFR) Roadhouse Kickback Club; see one of our staff for all the details!
This Horsefeathers Roadhouse blog post about great times and great food in and around Lake Norman is brought to you by the fun gang in Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, only 20 minutes from anywhere! Here are directions!
Find HFR on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We are even on Google + where you can give us a review. Head to our new website for the entire event and daily special information, and the directions to the oldest watering hole in LKN; it’s time to join in the fun.
Open Monday through Saturday at 11 A.M. and Sundays at 12 p.m., we close at 12 Midnight Monday through Thursday and even later if we have the demand. We stay open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. on Sundays.
Our address is 3746 Mt. Pleasant Rd. Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Call us for anything at 704 966 0192
Party rooms are available. Take out anytime with large bulk orders for home events. Make your next visit to HFR one to remember!
Smokin’ Serious BBQ since 1996! #MorethanBBQ
Photo: Horsefeathers Roadhouse, Sherrills Ford NC, Lake Norman